Monday, December 3, 2012

Active Parenting

This last week we talked about how to be active parents of teenagers. It really opened my eyes to how challenging it can be to be the parent of a teenager. Everything needs to be thought through but if you do it right, everyone benefits. I really liked watching the videos on active parenting because it gave real life examples and helped you to see what could really happen and how a parent could really respond. It helped me notice things that my parents did and did not do that have made me the person that I am today.

I really think it's important especially when raising teenagers, to actually listen to your child and respond to their needs. Stop trying to focus on what you as the parent want and really listen and talk about things with your teenager.

This lesson is one that I want to remember forever so that when I have my own teenagers I can look back and remember what I learned during this week. I do think it will be helpful for me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment